Last updated February 8, 2024
- Users own all their information and have the right to view, change, and delete stored information.
- We follow industry standards to keep all User information secure and private.
- We will never advertise on the platform.
- We will never sell the data we collect from our website.
- We use the latest best practices from the broader security industry to protect all the data we collect.
The categories of personal information we collect depend on how you interact with us, our Services, and the requirements of applicable law. We collect information that you provide directly to us, information when you use our Services, and information from other sources such as third-party services and organizations, as described below.
Information You provide directly to us
- Clever Login. We may receive your personal details from a third party Single sign-on authentication service: Clever. For students, we do not collect email address and only store the first name and last initial received from Clever. For teachers, we receive name and email address
- Non-Clever login. If you choose not to log in with Clever, we collect the following Personal Information when you create an account. Only teachers can create an account. Name (optional); Email address; Password.
Your Communications With Us. We may collect Personal Information, such as name, email address, and phone number, when you provide us directly by requesting information, requesting customer or technical support, or otherwise communicate with us by phone, email, or text.
Surveys. We may contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, you may have given Personal Information.
Conferences, Trade Shows, and Other Events. We may collect Personal Information from individuals at events.
Job Applications. We may post job openings or volunteer opportunities. If you submit Personal Information to us, we may collect and use the information to communicate with you.
Other optional means. We may collect any information you submit through our contact page, newsletter signup, or other forms.
Information When You Use Our Services
We may collect Personal Information when you use our Services:
Service information. We log user activity during our platform experiences. Our data logging captures information such as:
- Timestamps of when recorded activities occur;
- Formative assessment data (e.g. submitted answers to lesson questions)
- Any errors or software issues experienced by user
- Device and Network Information. We may collect certain information automatically when you use our Services, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, MAC address, cookie identifiers, browser or device information, location information. We may also automatically collect information such as pages you visit during using our Services, links clicked, and the frequency of your activities, and other information about how you use our Services.
Information Collected by Third Party Technologies or Other Sources
- Third Party Technologies. We may collect information using third party technologies that allow for you to access our Services (login service), identify irregular website behavior, prevent fraudulent activity, improve security, or to process analytics information. Such third-party applications include, not limited to, Clever (SSO & Rostering), Stripe (Payments), Analytics (Intercom, Mixpanel).
- The Services may contain links to other websites/applications and other websites/applications may reference or link to our Services. These third-party services are not controlled by us. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for, the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Providing personal information to third-party websites or applications is at your own risk.
2. How We Use Your Information
We use your information for a variety of purposes, including to provide our Services and for administrative purposes as described below.
Provide Our Services
- Authenticating your identity/account so that you may use the Services;
- Managing and updating your information and accounts;
- Providing access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services;
- Answering requests for customer or technical support;
- Communicating with you about your account, activities on our Services, and policy changes;
- Processing your financial information and other payment methods for products or Services purchased;
- Processing applications if you apply for a job we post on our Services.
- Pursuing our legitimate interests such as research and development (including marketing research), network and information security, and fraud prevention;
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Analyzing the learning impacts of our content and platform;
- Measuring interest and engagement in our Services;
- Improving, upgrading or enhancing our Services, including personalizing and improving the platform by customizing the user interface and interaction design;
- Developing new and adaptive mechanisms for providing learning experience support to learners;
- Developing new products and Services;
- Monitoring and analyzing trends, usage, and activities on our platform to shape the user experience;
- Ensuring internal quality control and safety;
- Authenticating and verifying individual identities, including requests to exercise your rights under this policy;
- Detecting, investigating, and fixing any bugs, errors, or crashes in the Services to optimize performance;
- Auditing relating to interactions, transactions and other compliance activities;
- Enforcing our agreements and policies; and
- Complying with our legal obligations.
3. How We Disclose Your Information
We disclose your information for a variety of business purposes including to provide our Services, comply with legal obligations, or in the event of a major business change.
Disclosures to Provide Our Services
- APIs/SDKs. We may use third-party Application Program Interfaces (“APIs”) and Software Development Kits (“SDKs”) as part of the functionality of our Services.
Disclosures for compliance
- We may access, preserve, and disclose any personal information to external parties if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to:
- Comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process
- Protech your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety
- Enforce our policies or contracts
- Collect amounts owed to us, or
- Assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity
Disclosures at a major business change
- If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction, as permitted by law and/or contract.
4. Your Privacy Choices and Rights
Users have full ownership and control over their information.
Your Privacy Choices.
- Cookies. You may stop or restrict the placement of Technologies on your device or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your browser or device permits. However, if you adjust your preferences, our Services may not work properly.
Your Privacy Rights.
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to:
- Access Personal Information about you, including: (i) confirming whether we are processing your personal information; (ii) obtaining access to or a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used, and machine readable format; and (iii) receiving an electronic copy of personal information that you have provided to us, or asking us to send that information to another company in a structured, commonly used, and machine readable format (the “right of data portability”);
- Request Correction of your personal information where it is inaccurate or incomplete. In some cases, we may provide self-service tools that enable you to update your personal information;
- Request Deletion of your personal information;
- Request Restriction of or Object to our processing of your personal information; and
- Withdraw your Consent to our processing of your personal information.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth in “Contact Us” below. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws, with effort for all deletion requests to be completed within 48-72 hours, with backup systems processing possibly taking longer.
5. Security of Your Information
By using our Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our Services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our Services, by mail or by sending an email to you.
We encrypt users' passwords and identification keys on the server using hash functions before storing them in the database, all in order to provide greater security. In addition, we ensure that all files and images are securely stored on our server through encryption protocols. We employ in-Transit encryption through HTTPS connections, ensuring that all user navigation takes place via HTTPS. Right from the outset, we automatically redirect communications from HTTP to HTTPS to ensure the security of the information.
We limit access to your information to staff with roles that are necessary to use that information to provide you with our Services or to respond to your communication.
6. Retention of Your Information
Once you discontinue your Services, unless there is intention of renewal, we will retain your information for 60 days at which time, your Personal Information and account will be deleted.
7. Sale of Personal Information
Kai XR does not sell personal information of any user. Also, we do not have actual knowledge of any sale of personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
Kai XR does not place advertisements in any of our sites or Services. There are no advertising cookies. Kai XR does not contain any external 3rd Party Ads providers nor any use of behavioral targeting or Geo Location Targeting, so any information provided will not be used in this way. Kai XR also does not profile any information collected nor does it promote internal marketing ads through the platform, this information will only ever be used for educational purposes between you, students, and your organization.
9. Personal Information of Minors
Protecting children’s privacy online is very important to us. We do not allow for account creation by minors, accounts are by default teacher accounts. We verify students through a third-party application, Clever. Student accounts are created after authentication by Clever SSO or manually by the teacher account. We limit personal information collection and sharing to only what is necessary to support the internal operations of our Services. We do not collect email addresses or require name for any student accounts.
If you are a parent or guardian and wish to review information collected from your child, you may contact us as described in “Contact Us” below.
10. Changes to This Policy
11. Contact Us